AMEC Wins Hook-up & Commissioning Work on Buzzard Field
AMEC has been awarded a contract for the hook-up and commissioning support of the Buzzard oil and gas production platform in the central North Sea.
The work will be undertaken in 2005 and 2006.
Buzzard is operated by Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited and is being developed with co-venturers Petro-Canada Energy North Sea, BG Group and Edinburgh Oil & Gas plc.
"Independent producers are playing an increasingly important role in extending the productive life of North Sea reserves and we are delighted to be working with Nexen and its co-venturers on this major project," said Neil Bruce, managing director of AMEC's Oil & Gas business. "Hook-up and commissioning are complex and demanding services and a vital part of our total life-of-asset approach to our oil and gas customers in the North Sea and around the world."
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: AMEC more info
- Aberdeen-based Jee Wins Enhance Oil Recovery Contract (May 21)
- UK's Oil Services Firms To Cut Jobs To Ride Out Price Slump (Apr 28)
- Amec Foster Wheeler Buys Scopus Group (Dec 15)