Jacobs Receives Contract from Saudi Aramco
Jacobs Engineering reports that a subsidiary company received a contract to provide program management services to Saudi Aramco for multiple onshore projects.
Officials did not disclose the contract value, but Saudi Aramco anticipates running several hundred thousand reimbursable project hours through the consortium each year. Jacobs signed the five-year contract, which contains an option for a two-year extension, with consortium partners SNC-Lavalin and Saudi Arabia-based Saudi Consulting Services.
Saudi Aramco characterized this contract as a historic moment for Saudi Aramco and the region. It provides a transition to executing major project planning and FEED packages in Saudi Arabia, with an emphasis on training local personnel within the consortium companies.
In making the announcement, Jacobs President Craig Martin stated, "We are excited to continue our close working relationship with Saudi Aramco to meet their various project needs over the duration of this important contract. Our goal is to help them succeed in executing these projects while developing local staffing resources. We expect this knowledge transfer to proceed through execution of project planning, FEED package development, detail design, procurement, and construction management."
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Tellurian Set to Boost Louisiana Gas Holdings Tenfold (Jan 16)
- Saudis Seen Counting on 80% Surge in Oil Income to Balance Books (Dec 27)
Company: Jacobs Engineering BV more info
- Jacobs Wins More Than $1.4B in Alberta Oil Sands Work (Oct 11)
- Shell Extends Jacobs' North Sea Services Contract (Apr 19)
- Jacobs Bags Service Contract for Canadian LNG Facility (Mar 09)