Roc Oil Plans to Drill Totara Prospect South of McKee
Roc Oil plans to drill a well on its Totara prospect, between the McKee and Tariki fields onshore Taranaki, New Zealand, in November 2005.
Roc Oil holds a 40% interest, and is operator in PEP 38767; Westech Energy New Zealand and Bridge Petroleum each hold a 30% stake. The permit extends south of the McKee field and west of the Tariki and Ahuroa fields.
In announcing a six-country 30-well program, Roc Oil said that the Taranaki well followed the successful completion of the A$1 million Totara 3D seismic survey, which covered 35 sq km.
Last year, Roc Oil said that a review of mud log data from the Totara-1 well drilled in 1987 shows the well may contain 25 m of previously unrecognized net gas pay in a structure believed to have a potential of 50 to 100 billion cubic feet of recoverable gas.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Westech Energy more info
- Ensco 107 Ready to Spin Bit at Albacore Prospect Off NZ (Nov 24)
- Westech, NZOG Gear Up to Drill Offshore Albacore Prospect (Oct 28)
- Westech to Test Flow Waitahora-1 East Coast Well (Jul 18)
Company: Bridge Petroleum Ltd. more info
- Greymouth Acquires Controlling Stake in Bridge Petroleum (Jun 27)
- Westech to Redrill East Coast Kauhauroa Gas Discovery Structure (Mar 14)
- TAG Oil Spuds Sidetrack from Radnor-1 (Jul 25)