SNC-Lavalin Awarded Contract for Russia's Vankor Oil Project
SNC-Lavalin has been awarded a $13 million contract by Vankorneft, an affiliate of the Russian state owned oil producer, OAO Rosneft, for concept validation and front-end engineering and design (FEED) for the giant Vankor Oil Field in the Krasnoyarsk region of Siberia.
The contract calls for SNC-Lavalin to validate, and then develop a plan for a 300,000 bbls/day central processing plant, a 775 km pipeline, a terminal and marine offloading facilities.
"We are proud to have this opportunity to work with Rosneft," said Krish Krishnamoorty, Executive Vice-President, SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. "This contract acknowledges our expertise in the design of oil field facilities located in remote and harsh climates. Krasnoyarsk is a region with little infrastructure, and environmental conditions are severe with permafrost, swamps, and winter temperatures falling below 50 degrees."
The Vankor Oil Field has overall recoverable reserves estimated at over one billion bbls of oil and 2.5 trillion cubic feet (tcf) of gas.
Work will commence immediately, and will be executed over an 11-month
- Sources: Russia's Rosneft Holds Key To Fixing Iraqi Kurdistan Oil Flows (Mar 05)
- Eni Says Is Drilling In Black Sea Project While Monitoring US Sanctions (Jan 24)
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
Company: SNC-Lavalin more info
- SNC-Lavalin Steps Up Deal Push With $2.6 Billion Atkins Bid (Apr 03)
- SNC-Lavalin Bullish on India, Offsets Job Slowdown Elsewhere (Nov 20)
- Canada's SNC-Lavalin To Buy UK's Kentz For $2B (Jun 23)