Subsea 7 Wins Varg Riser Replacement Work
Subsea 7 has been awarded a contract by Talisman Production Norge AS for the replacement of a 10" production riser on the Varg field, in the Norwegian Continental Shelf. The contract, which was awarded to the Stolt Subsea 7 joint venture, is valued in the region of US$2.5 million.
The production riser will be deployed from the PGS owned Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel 'Petrojarl Varg' and tied in to a 10" subsea flowline going to the unmanned monotower Wellhead Platform (WHP) 'Varg A'. The WHP and FPSO are 1200m apart and are connected by flexible flowlines and risers for oil production and water and gas injection, as well as an umbilical for power supply and control.
The offshore phase of the work began at the end of January and will be performed under the existing Statoil Hyperbaric Welding and Diving Services Contingency Contract.
Robin Davies, North Sea Regional Vice President for Subsea 7 said, "This is an exciting project to be part of as the Varg field was initially seen as marginal with limited reserves, but in the last few years both the life of field and estimated recoverable reserves have doubled. We are delighted with the award and look forward to being of service to Talisman".
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)