Woodside Says Falcone-1A Non-Commercial
Woodside reports that the Falcone-1A exploration well in the Exmouth Sub-basin has reached a total depth of 3,822 meters. Preliminary log analysis indicates a non-commercial gross hydrocarbon column of approximately 35 meters. After wireline log operations are completed the well will be plugged and abandoned.
Transocean's semisub, Jack Bates, drilled the well. The well is approximately 60 kilometers west southwest of the Enfield oil field. Water depth at the location is 1,395 meters.
Upon completion of the Falcone-1A well the rig will move to the Enfield oil field to commence development drilling operations.
All reported depths (except water depth) are referenced to the rig rotary table.
Joint venture participants in WA-271-P are Woodside Energy Ltd. as operator with 60% and Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd with 40%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Woodside To Raise $2B, Look To Offshore Gas Project For Growth (Feb 14)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Offshore Oil Recovery Beginning in World's Harshest Environments (Feb 21)
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)