West Navigator Completes Testing at Tiof-6 Appraisal Well
Premier Oil says that the West Navigator has successfully completed production testing of the Tiof-6 appraisal well. As previously reported, the well produced oil during the main flow period of the test at a stable rate of approximately 9,150 barrels per day, constrained by a 72/64 inch choke.
On February 21, 2005, the West Navigator was suspending the well as a potential future oil production well prior to resuming operations on Chinguetti Development wells.
The Tiof-6 well is the 4th appraisal well following the two discovery wells completed in late 2003.
The Chinguetti field, 25km to the south of the Tiof field, was given development approval in May 2004 and is on schedule for first production in early 2006 at approximately 75,000 bopd, 6,000 bopd to Premier. Development drilling is currently underway. The Tevet-1 discovery well drilled in October 2004 is located within tie-back distance to the Chinguetti field.
The West Navigator and Stena Tay drilling rigs will remain on location offshore
Mauritania throughout the greater part of 2005, and will be drilling exploration
and appraisal wells in addition to Chinguetti development wells.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)