BrazAlta Acquires Stake in South Larne License in Ireland
BrazAlta Resources Corp. has acquired a 33% interest of the South Larne License in Northern Ireland U.K. BrazAlta with its partner Antrim Energy Inc. will participate in a VSP Seismic Program to evaluate the Triassic Sherwood Sandstone.
The South Larne License area covers 86,458 Acres, (350 Square kilometers) and is situated in the onshore Ulster Basin. The Sherwood Sandstone is the primary reservoir in the nearby East Irish Sea basin, which has established reserves of 7 TCF of natural gas and 200 mmbbl of oil reserves.
To date BrazAlta has participated in a four well program in central Alberta with various partners. All four wells have been cased and BrazAlta expects to complete two of the four wells by the end of the first quarter of 2005.
Since 1992 the majority of BrazAlta's efforts and resources have
previously been directed to the acquisition and exploration of mineral
properties which have the potential of containing economic diamond ore
bodies (kimberlite pipes) in Alberta. BrazAlta presently holds 300,000
acres under permit. All of these permits are located in the northern
half of the Province. In the past year, BrazAlta has expanded
exploration to include oil & gas.
- Enegi Mulls Newfoundland Divestment, Increased Stake in ABT (Aug 29)
- Antrim Energy Considering Selling Stake in Causeway Field (Nov 15)
- Production Resumes at Causeway, Cormorant East Fields (Oct 25)
Company: BrazAlta Resources Corp. more info
- BrazAlta Changes Name, Elects New Board of Directors (Feb 13)
- BrazAlta Unveils Capital Work Program for South American Assets (Jan 27)
- New VP of Exploration Joins BrazAlta (Jan 23)