Aker Yards to Build AHTS for Farstad
Aker Yards is to build a Multifunctional, Anchor/Handling/Tug/Supply Service Vessel, of the type UT-712 L to Farstad Supply AS in Alesund, Norway. The value of the contract is approximately NOK 250 million.
In January 2005, a contract was signed by Brevik Construction, a subsidiary of Aker Brevik, and Farstad Supply AS for building of one UT-712 L, with an optional agreement for 1 + 1 similar vessels.
The optional agreement for the first vessel to be delivered in June 2006 has now been made effective.
Aker Yards has previously built 13 vessels for Farstad Shipping and its subsidiaries.
The hull for the vessel will be built in Romania, and outfitted in Norway. The vessel has been designed by Rolls-Royce Marine, who will also be the main supplier of equipment for the project.
- Norwegian Firms to Create Offshore Oil Industry Supply Vessels Giant (Feb 06)
- Farstad Shipping Sells AHTS Lady Sandra (Sep 27)
- Farstad Consolidates Australian Ops in Perth, Cuts 35 Jobs (Sep 21)
Company: Aker Yards more info
- STX Europe Refinances Revolving Credit Facility (Nov 06)
- Aker Yards Swaps Name for STX to Focus on International Market (Nov 03)
- Wartsila to Supply Propulsion Equipment for 5 Offshore Vessels (Nov 03)