TechnipFMC Scores Brazil Subsea Contract
Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras) has awarded TechnipFMC plc an engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) contract for the Mero 1 pre-salt field in the Santos Basin offshore Brazil, TechnipFMC reported in a written statement Wednesday.
TechnipFMC stated that Petrobras awarded the contract on behalf of the Libra Consortium that is developing Mero 1, which is located at a water depth of approximately 6,890 feet (2,100 meters). Other Libra Consortium members include Royal Dutch Shell plc, Total S.A., CNOOC Limited, China National Petroleum Corp. (CNPC) and Pre-Sal Petroleo (PPSA). Petrobras serves as operator of the consortium.
According to TechnipFMC, the contract calls for:
- Engineering, procurement and construction of all rigid lines
- Installing and pre-commissioning the entire infield riser and flowline system that will interconnect 13 wells (six production and seven water alternate gas) to the floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel
- Installing rigid pipelines (corrosion-resistant alloy and steel lazy wave risers), Petrobras-provided flexible risers and flowlines, Petrobras-provided steel tube umbilicals and other required subsea equipment
“We are extremely honored to have been selected to execute this EPCI project for the Mero 1 pre-salt field in Brazil,” Arnaud Pieton, president of TechnipFMC’s Subsea unit, said in his company’s announcement. “We are looking forward to collaborating with the Libra Consortium in the development of this important project. TechnipFMC is a long-term partner of Petrobras, committed to deepwater and to helping Brazil develop its natural resources.”
TechnipFMC described the contract as “large,” ranging in value between $500 million and $1 billion.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Petrobras Hires Transocean Drillships (Mar 11)
- 8-Year Petrobras Contract Starts for TechnipFMC-DOF (Feb 19)
- TechnipFMC Scores Brazil Subsea Contract (Feb 06)
Company: TechnipFMC plc more info
- Offshore Indonesia Contract Goes to TechnipFMC (Mar 26)
- Equinor Subsea Contract Goes to TechnipFMC (Mar 20)
- Louisiana Petchems Project Hits Milestone (Mar 19)