Offshore Guyana Pipe Coating Contracts Go to Shawcor
Saipem has awarded Shawcor Ltd.’s pipe coating division contracts to provide pipe coating services for the Liza phases I and II deepwater development projects offshore Guyana, Shawcor reported Thursday.
According to Toronto-based Shawcor, the approximately C$110 million in contracts call for providing thermal insulation and anticorrosion coating services for Liza I and II. On Aug. 21 of this year, Saipem announced that Exxon Mobil Corp.’s local subsidiary had awarded it roughly $700 million in offshore engineering and construction contracts for Phase II of the ExxonMobil-led Liza development – part of ExxonMobil’s broader activities in Guyana’s Stabroek Block. Saipem, which also won contracts for Liza Phase I in 2017, is providing the following in the second phase:
- Detailed engineering, procurement, construction and installation of risers, flowlines and associated structures and jumpers
- Transportation and installation of umbilicals, manifolds and associated foundations for production
- Water and gas injection systems
Shawcor stated Thursday that Liza I coating work began in March 2018 at its Channelview, Texas, facility and that additional work will be completed at its facility in Veracruz, Mexico. In addition, the company noted that it expects to complete work on Liza I during 1Q 2019.
Coating work under the larger Liza II project, which hinges on a final investment decision by the pipeline operator, will likely be executed in both Veracruz and Channelview, Shawcor added.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ExxonMobil Extends Rowan Drillship Contract (Feb 14)
- $10B-plus Texas LNG Project Gets Go-ahead (Feb 05)
- Onshore-Offshore Vietnam Contract Goes to Saipem (Jan 30)
Company: ShawCor more info
- Offshore Guyana Pipe Coating Contracts Go to Shawcor (Oct 05)
- OTC Announces Technology Awards (Mar 08)
- ShawCor Snags Second Pipeline Gig for Ichthys LNG Proj. (Jun 29)