BP and Aker BP Form Technology Alliance
BP and Aker BP have formed an alliance to develop and deploy technology in their businesses, BP announced Oct. 3.
Through the ventures cooperation agreement, both companies will explore potential venture capital investments focused on technology and innovation improvements – including developments in digital twins, advanced seismic techniques and processing and subsea and robot technology.
Additionally, the alliance is expected to encompass identifying and evaluating innovations to improve environmental performance of offshore oil and gas production.
“Working together with Aker BP, our alliance will be focused on identifying technologies that could be transformational in the upstream sector, enabling the digital transformation of subsurface characterization and workflows,” Steve Cook, BP Technology’s chief commercial officer said in a company statement. “Our alliance will help both companies identify and invest in innovation that will help secure and advance our industry’s future.”
Aker BP’s CEO Karl Johnny Hersvik added that he hopes the alliance will help identify innovative technology companies to solve key business challenges.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Drillers Turning to Big Data in the Hunt for Cheaper Oil (Mar 20)
- BP Hopes Young Recruits Can Make Oil Cool Again (Mar 19)
- Permian Shale Primed For Mergers and Acqusitions (Mar 11)
Company: Aker BP ASA more info
- BP and Aker BP Form Technology Alliance (Oct 03)
- The $20B Race to Eclipse Norway's Elite Oil Producers (Sep 13)
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)