Exxon, Chevron and Occidental Join Oil and Gas Climate Group
Exxon Mobil Corporation, Chevron Corporation and Occidental Petroleum will become official members of the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative (OGCI) September 24, the organization announced Sept. 20.
The three companies represent 5 percent of global oil and gas production and with their addition, OGCI members represent 30 percent of global oil and gas production and supplies close to 20 percent of global primary energy consumption.
The goal of the OGCI, which launched in 2014, is for members to work collaboratively toward solutions to mitigate the risks of climate change.
“It will take the collective efforts of many in the energy industry and society to develop scalable, affordable solutions that will be needed to address the risks of climate change,” ExxonMobil CEO Darren Woods said in a company statement. “Our mission is to supply energy for modern life and improve living standards around the world while minimizing impacts on the environment. This dual challenge is one of the most important issues facing society and our company.”
Exxon, Chevron and Occidental join 10 other OGCI members. Those companies are BP, CNPC, Eni, Equinor, Pemex, Petrobras, Repsol, Saudi Aramco, Shell and Total.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ExxonMobil and BHP Greenlight Offshore Australia Project (Dec 13)
- Deepwater Block Writing Guyana's Future (Dec 05)
- Offshore Guyana Estimate Gets Another Upgrade (Dec 03)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Premier Oil Eyes Bid for Chevron's North Sea Assets (Dec 13)
- Big Oil Battles Prolonged Gender Problem (Dec 04)
- Chevron Wellhead Deal Goes to TechnipFMC (Nov 14)
Company: Occidental Petroleum more info
- Occidental Wants to Keep Rigs Running amid Oil Price Drop (Dec 14)
- Exxon, Chevron and Occidental Join Oil and Gas Climate Group (Sep 20)
- Permian Producer Occidental Raises CAPEX Budget, Investors Balk (Aug 09)