Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects
Dec 14 (Reuters) - Exxon Mobil Corp and Petróleo Brasileiro SA, Brazil's state-controlled oil producer also known as Petrobras, said on Thursday they had formed an alliance to develop energy projects around the world.
The deal, which was signed in Rio de Janeiro, will have the companies study ways they can cooperate on exploration, production and chemical ventures inside and outside of Brazil.
The deal comes two months after Exxon and Petrobras were jointly awarded six oil-rich blocks in Brazilian coastal waters.
(Reporting by Ernest Scheyder; editing by Diane Craft)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- BLOG: The Good Deeds of Oil, Gas (Aug 09)
- ExxonMobil Offers Aug-Sept Cargo from Australia's Gorgon LNG (Aug 07)
- Feds Drop Obama-era ExxonMobil Probe (Aug 03)
Company: Petrobras more info
- Petrobras Suspends Asset Sales After Court Decision About Privatization (Jul 03)
- Adviser: Leftist Presidential Hopeful Would End Brazil Oil Refining Monopol (Jun 13)
- Petrobras CEO Resigns as Strikes Take Down Market Favorite (Jun 01)