RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project
MOSCOW, Nov 13 (Reuters) - Russia and Saudi Arabia have agreed to study the possibility of national oil company Saudi Aramco taking part in Novatek's Arctic LNG 2 project, RIA news agency reported on Monday.
Aramco Chief Executive Amin Nasser had said last month that the company was discussing several investment opportunities with Russian firms but there were no current plans to take a stake in Novatek's project.
(Reporting by Vladimir Soldatkin; Writing by Gabrielle Tétrault-Farber; Editing by Vladimir Soldatkin)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Russia Says It May Invest in Aramco IPO Via Fund With China (Feb 14)
- Permian Seen Second to Saudis for Spare Oil-Output Capacity (Feb 05)
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
Company: Novatek more info
- RIA: Russia's Novatek To Launch Second Yamal LNG Line In September (Jan 31)
- Russia's Novatek Sells First Gas Condensate Cargo From Yamal LNG (Jan 29)
- Report: US May Get First LNG Import From Russia Despite Sanctions (Jan 09)