Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role
But a series of policy changes under market-friendly President Michel Temer, including a reduction of requirements that forced foreign businesses to use local partners, will likely tempt investors to return to Latin America's no.1 economy, analysts said. ($1 = 3.1822 reais)
(Additional reporting by Marianna Parraga; Editing by Christian Plumb and Rosalba O'Brien)
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- The $20B Race to Eclipse Norway's Elite Oil Producers (Sep 13)
- Exxon Eyes Upgrading UK Refinery For More Than $650MM (Sep 11)
- Permian Auction Doubles 2008 Record with near Billion-Dollar Sale (Sep 07)
Company: Petrobras more info
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)
- Brazil's Petrobras Sees No Fuel Supply Shortage After Replan Fire (Aug 20)
- Petrobras Suspends Asset Sales After Court Decision About Privatization (Jul 03)