Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role
But a series of policy changes under market-friendly President Michel Temer, including a reduction of requirements that forced foreign businesses to use local partners, will likely tempt investors to return to Latin America's no.1 economy, analysts said. ($1 = 3.1822 reais)
(Additional reporting by Marianna Parraga; Editing by Christian Plumb and Rosalba O'Brien)
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- BLOG: The Good Deeds of Oil, Gas (Aug 09)
- ExxonMobil Offers Aug-Sept Cargo from Australia's Gorgon LNG (Aug 07)
- Feds Drop Obama-era ExxonMobil Probe (Aug 03)
Company: Petrobras more info
- Petrobras Suspends Asset Sales After Court Decision About Privatization (Jul 03)
- Adviser: Leftist Presidential Hopeful Would End Brazil Oil Refining Monopol (Jun 13)
- Petrobras CEO Resigns as Strikes Take Down Market Favorite (Jun 01)