Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role
But a series of policy changes under market-friendly President Michel Temer, including a reduction of requirements that forced foreign businesses to use local partners, will likely tempt investors to return to Latin America's no.1 economy, analysts said. ($1 = 3.1822 reais)
(Additional reporting by Marianna Parraga; Editing by Christian Plumb and Rosalba O'Brien)
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Exxon, Others Add to Claims That US Sold Toxic Crude (Apr 12)
- Aramco Pumping Oil at Fraction of Rivals' Costs (Apr 01)
- Next US Shale Wave Will Need Fewer Heads, Different Skills (Mar 27)
Company: Petrobras more info
- Petrobras Hires Transocean Drillships (Mar 11)
- 8-Year Petrobras Contract Starts for TechnipFMC-DOF (Feb 19)
- TechnipFMC Scores Brazil Subsea Contract (Feb 06)