Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role
But a series of policy changes under market-friendly President Michel Temer, including a reduction of requirements that forced foreign businesses to use local partners, will likely tempt investors to return to Latin America's no.1 economy, analysts said. ($1 = 3.1822 reais)
(Additional reporting by Marianna Parraga; Editing by Christian Plumb and Rosalba O'Brien)
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil CEO's Solution on Shares: Drill Big, Drill Better (May 24)
- ExxonMobil to Slash Gas Flaring 25% by 2020 in Emissions Push (May 23)
- An Upstream Comeback with Less Splash but More Cash? (May 11)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 31 Offshore Rigs
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Sources: Petrobras Pricing Pressure Spooks Potential Refinery Buyers (May 24)
- Report: Petrobras CEO Sees Possible Rise In Capital Spending (May 18)
- CEO: Brazil's Braskem To Talk New Naphtha Contract With Petrobras (May 10)