Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group
INPEX Operations Australia Pty Ltd has awarded Wood Group a five-year contract to provide subsea engineering services for the integrity of the Ichthys LNG Project offshore Western Australia, Wood Group reported Wednesday.
“We are proud to support the INPEX-operated Ichthys LNG Project’s successful production from one of the world’s largest liquefied natural gas developments,” Bob MacDonald, CEO of Wood Group’s Specialist Technical Solutions unit, said in a written statement. “We have applied our global expertise and technical capabilities to support the development for over a decade.”
According to Wood Group, the contract will support all subsea assets and the gas export pipeline and is effective immediately. Also, the company stated the contract includes two one-year extension options.
Wood Group noted that has been involved in the Ichthys LNG Project for 12 years, having provided subsea engineering and project management services through the project’s concept, front-end and detailed engineering phases. The company also pointed out that it completed a subsea integrity and maintenance services contract for Ichthys in 2016.
“Our focus will be applying our detailed knowledge and our extensive global experience of supporting subsea operations, to create value-driven solutions that assure the long-term integrity of the Ichthys LNG Project’s subsea system,” MacDonald said of Wood Group’s most recent Ichthys contract award.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Planning for Pivotal Moments: Operating at the Forefront of Commissioning (Dec 26)
- Wood Study Explores Modular Options for Hammerfest LNG (Aug 29)
- OTC 2018: Wood Sees Its Digital Business Expanding in Future (May 01)
Company: Inpex more info
- 35-Year Onshore Abu Dhabi Concession Goes to Inpex (Mar 18)
- Darwin Seeks To Shed Frontier Image To Become World-Class LNG Export Hub (Jul 27)
- Shell, Inpex Near Finish Line in Race to Export North Australian LNG (Apr 24)