Italy's Eni, Iran Sign Agreement For Oil And Gas Field Studies
LONDON, June 20 (Reuters) - Italian energy company Eni and National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) signed a memorandum of understanding on Tuesday for feasibility studies on the development of an oil field and a gas field.
The Iranian oil ministry's official website SHANA reported that the agreement was signed in Tehran for studies on the Kish gas field and the third phase of the Darkhovin oil field in southern Iran.
Eni has six months to present the results of its studies.
An Iranian oil official said this month that Eni was also interested in the tender for development of the Azadegan oil field in southern Iran.
(Reporting by Bozorgmehr Sharafedin; Editing by Richard Pullin)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds