Odfjell Drilling To Expand UK Workforce
Odfjell Drilling (UK) will expand its workforce in the UK by around 100 people in 2017, following the award of several service deals.
The company recently secured a 2-year fixed contract from TAQA Bratani for drilling and maintenance services on five platforms in the UK continental shelf. This award followed deals with BP and Statoil.
“We welcome and appreciate this significant contract award from TAQA and look forward to a long and productive working relationship,” Simen Lieungh, president and CEO of Odfjell Drilling, said in a company statement.
Odfjell’s TAQA contract will see the firm work on the following installations:
- Cormorant Alpha - a drilling and production installation for the South Cormorant field in Block 211/26a in the East Shetland Basin of the Northern North Sea.
- North Cormorant - a drilling and production installation for the North Cormorant field in Block 211/21 in the East Shetland Basin of the Northern North Sea.
- Eider - a fixed installation serving as a manned production facility for the Eider Field, in Block 211/16a in the East Shetland Basin 114 miles North East of Lerwick.
- Tern Alpha - a drilling and production installation for the Tern field in block 210/25 in the East Shetland Basin 105 miles North East of Lerwick. The platform also serves as a production facility for the Hudson and Kestrel fields.
- Harding - a heavy-duty jack-up production unit, resting on a gravity base storage tank capable of holding 600,000 barrels of oil, serving as a manned production facility for the Harding Field, in Block 9/23b, 198 miles North East of Aberdeen in the Central North Sea.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.