Austria's OMV Says Iran Owes It $48 MM
VIENNA, May 24 (Reuters) - The National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) still owes Austrian oil and gas group OMV $48 million, OMV's exploration and production chief Johann Pleininger told a meeting of shareholders on Wednesday.
"We are in intensive negotiations to complete the relevant contracts to settle the claims," Pleininger said.
Chief Executive Rainer Seele had previously declined to name the outstanding amount but has said the issue stood in the way of making quick progress with OMV's business in Iran.
(Reporting By Shadia Nasralla; Editing by Greg Mahlich)""
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds