Iran Has Potential To Increase Oil Production By 3 MMbpd
LONDON, May 22 (Reuters) - Iran has the potential to increase oil production by 3 million barrels per day, an Iranian oil official said on Monday, adding that the figure is based on estimates from international oil companies.
"Based on plans and proposals received from international companies, Iran has the potential to increase oil production by 3 million barrels (per day)," deputy head of the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) Gholamreza Manouchehri was quoted as saying by state news agency IRNA.
He did not specify when the increase could happen.
(Reporting by Bozorgmehr Sharafedin, editing by Louise Heavens)
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds