Azeri Absheron Gas Field Could Start Production At End-2019
BAKU, April 25 (Reuters) - Natural gas production at Azerbaijan's Absheron field in the Caspian Sea could begin in late 2019 or early 2020, an official at Azeri state energy company SOCAR said on Tuesday.
Absheron is an offshore gas field in the Caspian Sea located 100 km southeast of Baku and 25 km northeast of the Shah Deniz gas field. It covers about 270 square kilometres and is operated by French major Total.
The field, discovered in 2011, is expected to contain 350 billion cubic metres of natural gas and 45 million tonnes of condensate.
(Reporting by Nailia Bagirova; writing by Vladimir Soldatkin; editing by Maria Kiselyova)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- BP Buys 61 Percent Stake In Azerbaijan's Gobustan Onshore Project
- Prices For November Soften After Earlier Strong Weeks
- China's Sinopec Plans To Build Canadian Oil Refinery
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three