Iran's Rouhani Signals Expansion In Energy Cooperation With Russia
DUBAI, March 27 (Reuters) - Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Monday that Tehran welcomed Russian investment in its gas and oil fields, signalling major developments in energy cooperation between the two countries.
"There is a huge potential for Russian investment in Iran's energy sector," Rouhani told reporters at Mehrabad airport in Tehran before departing for Moscow.
"Some oil and gas fields have been suggested to Russian companies... We will see a big development in energy cooperations," he said in a news conference broadcast live on state television.
(Reporting by Bozorgmehr Sharafedin; editing by John Stonestreet)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds