Semco Maritime Inks Deal with Maersk Oil and Gas; Will Add Offshore Jobs
Denmark-based Semco Maritime has entered into a contract with Maersk Oil and Gas. The five-year contract, the largest in Semco Maritime’s history, will bring manpower to operations in the North Sea.
Semco Maritime declined to disclose the value of the contract, but did say it has a major strategic importance for the company’s oil and gas business.
The contract includes both blue-collar and white-collar employees and means Semco Maritime will add offshore employees in coming years. A spokesperson for Semco Maritime told Rigzone the company's share of the contract will add 50 employees (from 180 employees to 230 employees).
“We are pleased with the confidence that Maersk Oil and Gas shows Semco Maritime by the award of this major contract and we are looking forward to continuing the cooperation,” Steen Brødbæk, CEO, Semco Maritime, said in a release. “We consider it an acknowledgement of our competent employees and our high safety focus.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: Semco Maritime A/S more info
- Semco Maritime Inks Deal with Maersk Oil and Gas; Will Add Offshore Jobs (Mar 17)
- Semco Maritime to Service Island Innovator Drilling Rig (Feb 29)
- Semco Receives Orders for Equipment, Upgrade of 2 Jackups, 1 Semisub (Sep 24)