Turkey 'Must' Raise Domestic Energy Production To Above 50% This Year
ISTANBUL, Feb 22 (Reuters) - Turkey must increase its energy production from domestic sources to above 50 percent this year and above two thirds within a decade, Energy Minister Berat Albayrak said on Wednesday at an industry event.
Turkey is largely dependent on imports for its energy needs.
(Reporting by Can Sezer and Birsen Altayli; Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds