Nigeria Must Offer Work To Illegal Refiners To Reach Peace
PORT HARCOURT, Nigeria, Feb 14 (Reuters) - Nigeria needs to offer work for illegal refiners in the Niger Delta to help achieve peace there, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo said on Tuesday.
"Our approach to that is that we must engage them (illegal refiners) by establishing modular refineries so that they can participate in legal refineries," he said during a visit to Rivers state, part of the Delta region.
"We have recognised that young men must be properly engaged," he said.
(Reporting by Tife Owolabi; writing by Ulf Laessing; editing by Jason Neely)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds