Eni Completes Sale of 10% Shorouk Concession Interest
Eni SpA has completed the sale of a 10 percent interest in the Shorouk concession offshore Egypt to BP plc.
The deal for the sale of the concession, which contains the super-giant Zohr gas field, was first agreed in November 2016. Eni, through its subsidiary IEOC, now holds a 90 percent stake in the license, while Rosneft has agreed to acquire a 30 percent stake, subject to Egyptian governmental approval.
Zohr was discovered by Eni in August 2015 and, with a total potential of 850 billion cubic meters of gas in place, is the largest natural gas field ever discovered in the Mediterranean.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Big Oil Said to Plan Tenfold Expansion of Cost-Cut Collaboration (Jan 23)
- BP Is Said to Weigh Bid for $1.8B Italian Solar Company (Jan 22)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)