Petrobras Inks $2.2B Deal With Total To Sell Assets
BRASILIA, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Petroleo Brasileiro SA said on Wednesday it agreed with France's Total SA to sell $2.2 billion worth of assets that include stakes in oilfields and two thermal power stations.
Petrobras, as the company is known, will receive $1.6 billion in cash when the agreement its closed and the rest over the length of the partnership with Total. The agreement also gives Petrobras the option of acquiring a stake in a Gulf of Mexico field owned by Total and Exxon Mobil Corp.
(Reporting by Martha Nogueira; Writing by Tatiana Bautzer and Alonso Soto; Editing by Chris Reese)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)