Statoil Awards Aibel Snorre FEED Study
Statoil has awarded Aibel a FEED study for modifications on the Snorre A platform in connection with the Snorre Expansion project.
The contract, which also has an option for the actual implementation phase, will see Aibel plan the hook up and the required modifications to the platform deck. The study will last for roughly a year and will involve around 100 associates.
If all options are exercised, Aibel will also conduct engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning work. This would see the project have a duration of a total of five years and involve up to 270 associates.
Work will start immediately on the FEED project and will be headed by Aibel's headquarters in Stavanger.
“This is an important project to Aibel that provides welcomed work to our office in Stavanger. We consider it a great vote of confidence to be given such a major role in the development of the Snorre field,” Aibel CEO Mads Andersen said.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
Company: Aibel AS more info
- Statoil Awards Aibel Snorre FEED Study (Dec 16)
- Aibel Secures Troll C FEED Contract (Nov 30)
- Aker, Aibel Win Contracts Worth $600M for Dvalin Work, Offshore Norway (Oct 04)