Exxon, InterOil Extend Merger Deadlines
ExxonMobil and InterOil Corporation have agreed to extend the outside date of the current Arrangement Agreement, in relation to their merger, to the close of business on Wednesday, December 21.
The extension follows the Court of Appeal of Yukon’s decision to allow an appeal by InterOil’s Independent Transaction Committee to progress. The committee consists of four independent and experienced directors of InterOil, who are undertaking a detailed and thorough review process relating to the proposed transaction, with the support of independent legal counsel and BMO Capital Markets, an independent financial advisor.
“We are pleased to have reached an agreement with ExxonMobil to extend the outside date and expect to be in a position to update shareholders on the progress of our deliberations shortly,” William Ellis Armstrong, chairman of the committee, said.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: InterOil more info
- Exxon, InterOil Extend Merger Deadlines (Dec 14)
- Total Seen Unlikely to Fight ExxonMobil over South Pacific Gas (Jul 20)
- InterOil Spuds Triceratops-3 Well in Papua New Guinea (Jun 15)