National Iranian Oil Co, Thailand's PTTEP Agree To Oilfield Studies
BEIRUT, Dec 6 (Reuters) - National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) and PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited (PTTEP) signed a memorandum of understanding on Tuesday to carry out preliminary studies of three oil fields in Iran.
PTTEP, an oil and gas exploration and production company based in Thailand, will carry out preliminary studies over Changuleh, Balal and Dalpari oil fields in the south, Iran's oil ministry's news agency SHANA reported.
SHANA quoted Prapat Soponpongpipat, executive vice president of PTTEP as saying that he was hopeful it would lead to at least one contract for an oil field.
(Reporting by Bozorgmehr Sharafedin, editing by Louise Heavens)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds