National Iranian Oil Co, Thailand's PTTEP Agree To Oilfield Studies
BEIRUT, Dec 6 (Reuters) - National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) and PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited (PTTEP) signed a memorandum of understanding on Tuesday to carry out preliminary studies of three oil fields in Iran.
PTTEP, an oil and gas exploration and production company based in Thailand, will carry out preliminary studies over Changuleh, Balal and Dalpari oil fields in the south, Iran's oil ministry's news agency SHANA reported.
SHANA quoted Prapat Soponpongpipat, executive vice president of PTTEP as saying that he was hopeful it would lead to at least one contract for an oil field.
(Reporting by Bozorgmehr Sharafedin, editing by Louise Heavens)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: National Iranian Oil Company more info
- National Iranian Oil Co, Thailand's PTTEP Agree To Oilfield Studies (Dec 06)
- Britain Pushing to Ease Sanctions on BP Gas Field - Report (Sep 22)
- On the Table: Iran to Tender 8 Exploration Blocks (Mar 02)