PGS Raises Funds Through Private Placement
Norwegian seismic explorer Petroleum Geo-Services ASA announced Wednesday that it has raised approximately $225 million through a placement of 85,500,000 new shares.
The proceeds from the private placement will be used primarily to finance an inter-conditional exchange offer for the company's existing 7.375 percent Senior Notes due December 2018. Completion of the placement and issuance of the new shares is subject to the fulfilment of the conditions for the transaction, including approval by an extraordinary general meeting of the company, scheduled to be held Dec. 14.
Following the completion of the placement, and subject to market conditions, PGS has pledged to carry out a subsequent offering of up to 13,500,000 new shares for gross proceeds of approximately $35 million.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Macquarie Group Reveals Oil Market Outlook
- ADNOC Chief: Shift from Fossil Fuel Unavoidable
- Enagas Opens Logistics Bidding for Mothballed Asturias Terminal
- Chevron Starts Up Gorgon Extension Project
- Eni Inks Deal to Build Hybrid Renewables-Gas Plant in Kazakhstan
- Global Oil Demand for Road Transport to Peak in 2027: BNEF
- USA EIA Hikes Up 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Biden Urged to Demand Climate Emergency as Smoke Chokes Washington
- Saudis Remind Global Oil Market Who is King
- Saudi to Cut Output by 1MM BPD in Solo OPEC+ Move
- Data Science is the Future of Oil and Gas
- Debt Ceiling Deal Becomes Law
- What Do Latest OPEC+ Moves Mean?
- TotalEnergies Inks Agua Marinha PSC in Brazil
- Fatality At North Rankin Complex
- North America Loses More Rigs
- Par Pacific Completes Buy of ExxonMobil Refinery
- Does the Global Drug Trafficking Industry Affect Oil and Gas?
- Which Generation Is Most in Demand in Oil, Gas Right Now?
- Who Is the Most Prolific Private Oil and Gas Producer in the USA?
- USA EIA Slashes 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- BMI Reveals Latest Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Is There a Danger That Oil and Gas Runs out of Financing?
- BMI Projects Gasoline Price Through to 2026
- What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- North America Rig Count Reduction Rumbles On
- What New Oil and Gas Jobs Will Exist in the Future?
- What Does a 2023 USA Recession Mean for Oil and Gas in the Country?