Statoil Acquires Petrobras' Operated Interest in BM-S-8 Offshore Brazil
Statoil announced late Tuesday that it has acquired Petrobras’ 66 percent operated interest in the BM-S-8 offshore license in Brazil’s Santos basin.
On the completion of the transaction, Statoil has paid Petrobras $1.25 billion, half of the total consideration. The remainder will be paid at the passage of certain future milestones, mainly relating to the future unitization of Carcará.
BM-S-8 contains a substantial part of the Carcará pre-salt oil discovery. Approximately 700 to 1,300 million barrels of oil equivalent recoverable reserves within the license are estimated to be available from Carcará.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras To Invest 137 Million Reais Iin Sao Paulo Refinery (Mar 08)
- Petrobras Chief Says US Refinery Sale Ongoing, No Plans To Build Elsewhere (Mar 05)
- Petrobras to Sell Pasadena, Texas, Refinery (Feb 06)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Statoil Has Room To Grow More In North Dakota's Bakken (Mar 06)
- Big Oil CEOs Appeal to Norway to Back Carbon Capture and Storage (Feb 15)
- Norwegian Police Investigate 2016 Hydrogen Leak At Statoil Refinery (Feb 09)