Gazprom, CNPC, CDBC Sign Documents for Wider Energy Cooperation
Gazprom, CNPC, and China Development Bank Corporation have signed a number of documents for wider energy cooperation.
Alexey Miller, chairman of the Gazprom management committee, and Xu Wenrong, vice president of CNPC, signed a memorandum of understanding to explore the opportunities for cooperation in the NGV sector. Gazprom and CNPC also agreed to conduct a joint marketing study regarding the possibility of using LNG as a vehicle fuel along the Europe – China international transport route.
In addition, Alexey Miller and Zheng Zhijie, president of China Development Bank Corporation, signed a memorandum outlining the general principles of cooperation between the parties in arranging project or any other financing, including for the Amur gas processing plant construction project.
“Russian-Chinese cooperation in the gas sector continues to expand and the dynamic is encouraging,” said Gazprom’s Alexey Miller.
“Today, we signed important documents for bilateral partnership in a whole range of areas. The agreements mark an important stage in the evolving relationship between Gazprom and Chinese companies as part of joint energy projects,” he added.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ukraine And Russia Both Claim Victory In Gas Dispute (Dec 22)
- Gazprom to Splurge on EU Gas Pipe as US Weighs Penalties (Dec 19)
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
Company: CNPC more info
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- CNPC Plans to Cut Gas Supplies to Industrial Users-State Media (Nov 06)
- China's CNPC Starts Third Natural Gas Pipeline To Shanghai (Oct 13)