Republic Of Congo To Launch New Shallow Water Hydrocarbon Round Soon
CAPE TOWN, Nov 2 (Reuters) - The Republic of Congo expects to launch a new shallow-water licensing round for 2017/18 after its last round closes at the end of March when winning bidders are expected to be announced, the oil minister said on Wednesday.
Jean-Marc Thystere Tchicaya said the new licensing round would consider pre-salt and post-salt plays close offshore of the west African nation.
Last year Congo launched its 2016 license rounds for eight deep and ultra-deep offshore blocks and five onshore blocks in the Coastal and Cuvette basins.
(Reporting by Wendell Roelf; Editing by Ed Stoddard and Louise Heavens)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.