Shell Selling 16 Assets Worth More Than $500M
LONDON, Oct 19 (Reuters) - Royal Dutch Shell is currently offering 16 assets worth more than $500 million for sale as part of its vast $30 billion three-year asset sales program, the oil and gas company's head of upstream Andy Brown said on Wednesday.
The Anglo-Dutch company launched the programme to reduce its debt following the acquisition of BG Group earlier this year. Uncertainty over the future oil price has led to a sharp slowdown in deal making in the sector in recent years.
"There are 16 assets currently in the market that are above $500 million in value," Brown told the Oil and Money conference in London.
(Reporting by Ron Bousso; Editing by Mark Potter)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds