Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments
Oil & Gas UK, the trade association for the UK offshore oil and gas sector, announced Tuesday that it has appointed four new members to its board.
The new board members include: Cory L. Loegering, region vice president and managing director for Apache North Sea; Robin Allan, North Sea and Exploration director at Premier Oil; and Bill Dunnett, managing director of Repsol Sinopec Resources UK. They join the board as representatives of the operator community.
Peter Wilson, vice president of operations at Rowan Companies, has been appointed to contribute to the representation of contractors and supply chain companies on Oil & Gas UK's board.
Oil & Gas UK Chief Executive Deidre Michie commented in a statement:
"Many challenges remain for this industry but our latest Economic Report demonstrates that the collective actions we have taken so far are having a positive impact on improving the performance of the sector. The guidance of Oil & Gas UK's board is key to this process.
"As I warmly welcome the new members, I would also like to thank those colleagues who have left the board for their commitment and service to the industry whose contribution has helped us make progress in restoring competitiveness to the sector."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Rowan Companies more info
Manages 22 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
Company: Oil & Gas UK more info
- Shell Submits Brent Decom Plans, Launches Public Consultation (Feb 08)
- UK Operators Moving to Simplify Legal, Commercial Offshore Practices (Dec 13)
- Survey: Collaboration is Crucial for Future Success in North Sea (Dec 05)