Singapore's NUS Slowly Builds its Petroleum Engineering Program
Rigzone: Regarding collaboration on R&D projects with the oil and gas industry, has the NUS PE program undertaken any so far?
Cheng: We are working on a project with Halliburton. We are also involved in project that is co-funded by SMI (Singapore Maritime Institute) and a local company called NauticAWT Ltd. (a Singapore-listed subsurface, subsea and surface facilities engineering services and solutions provider). And we have cooperative work with CGG, using their software. Some of these projects involved actual money.
Rigzone: Does NUS track the employability of their PE students after graduation?
Cheng: Yes, it’s part of our KPI (key performance indicator).
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
APAC Editor | Rigzone
- Malaysia's InvestKL Woos Top Oil, Gas MNCs to Base in Kuala Lumpur
- Petrobangla Invites EOIs for 3 Offshore Exploration Blocks in Bay of Bengal
- Malaysia's SapuraKencana Posts 7.1% Gain in 2Q FY17 PAT to $27M
- TH Heavy Engineering, McDermott End Partnership in Malaysia
- BLOG: Keeping Experienced Staff in Downturn a Tough Call for Asian Services