Aker Solutions Secures Utgard Tie-in Work
Aker Solutions has secured a services contract for the tie-in of the Utgard gas and condensate field to the Statoil-operated Sleipner facilities in the North Sea.
Under the agreement, Aker will provide engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning (EPCIC) services. The work, valued at about $61 million (NOK 500 million), has already started and will be completed in the fourth quarter of 2019.
Aker Solutions in April won a contract for preliminary engineering work to enable the tie-in. The contract included an option for EPCIC work which Statoil has now chosen to exercise.
"We've worked closely with Statoil to find the most cost-efficient solution for this project, which builds on our capabilities in complex modifications," said Knut Sandvik, head of Aker Solutions' maintenance, modifications and operations business.
"We're very pleased to continue working with the customer to help secure important resources from this development,” he added.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)