GUJV Completes EPM Services on Australia's Gorgon Project
Wood Group announced that the company and Technip have recently completed 11 years of engineering and project management services on the Chevron Australia-operated Gorgon Project, the largest single-resource development offshore Australia.
The two companies formed the Gorgon Upstream Joint Venture (GUJV) in 2005 to deliver front end engineering and design (FEED) services, and transitioned with the project to provide detailed engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) services for Gorgon’s Upstream Facilities.
“We are proud to have been part of one of the world’s largest natural gas projects from its early stages more than 10 years ago. This was a challenging deepwater project and we delivered a fully integrated offering with Technip. The strategic partnership united our technical strengths to undertake engineering feats such as designing and installing one of the world’s largest subsea tiebacks," Bob Macdonald, CEO of Specialist Technical Solutions, Wood Group, said in Tuesday's press release.
Arnaud Pieton, president of Technip in Asia Pacific, commented that GUJV “are delighted to have been involved with the Chevron Australia-operated Gorgon Project over the last 11 years. The integrated project management model was highly effective and worked exceptionally well due to our strong relationship and combined technical strengths with our joint venture partner Wood Group.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)