Source: Petrobras Voluntary Layoff Program Accepted By 6,100 Employees
SAO PAULO, Aug 25 (Reuters) - A voluntary layoff program at state-run oil company Petroleo Brasileiro SA has been accepted by 6,100 employees, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters.
The number may rise by month-end, the deadline for the plan proposed by the oil giant known as Petrobras. Around 12,000 employees, or 21 percent of its workforce, are eligible.
If all eligible employees accepted the voluntary layoff program, Petrobras would face an immediate cost of 4.4 billion reais ($1.3 billion) but save 33 billion reais in salaries over the next four years, the company said upon announcing the plan. ($1 = 3.228 Brazilian reais)
(Reporting by Marta Nogueira; Writing by Tatiana Bautzer; Editing by Phil Berlowitz)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds