MOFT Bags $230M FSO Deal for Chevron's Benchamas 2 Project off Thailand
Malaysia's MISC Berhad reported Tuesday that its wholly owned unit, MISC Offshore Floating Terminals (L) Ltd. (MOFT) has bagged a $230 million contract to lease and operate a floating storage and offloading (FSO) vessel for the FSO Benchamas 2 Project operated by Chevron Offshore (Thailand) Ltd. (COTL) in the Gulf of Thailand.
MOFT's workscope covers engineering, procurement, construction, installation, commissioning, lease and operations of the FSO Benchamas 2 Project, with the facility scheduled to begin operations by the second quarter of 2018.
The contract, MOFT's first in the Thailand offshore oil and gas market, will run for a duration of 10 years, with COTL holding 5 options to extend the deal by 1 year each.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Malaysia International Shipping Corporation Berhad (MISC) more info
- MISC's MaMPU1 to Commence Ops at Vestigo's Anjung Kecil Field Off Sarawak (Sep 30)
- SKTLO Bags $65.3M Contracts for Work Offshore Malaysia, Vietnam (Sep 01)
- MOFT Bags $230M FSO Deal for Chevron's Benchamas 2 Project off Thailand (Aug 24)