Australia's CIMIC Sues Chevron Over $1.4B Gorgon LNG Construction Dispute
SYDNEY, Aug 22 (Reuters) - Australian construction company CIMIC Group said on Monday it had started court proceedings in the United States against Chevron Corp and KBR Inc, seeking as much as A$1.86 billion ($1.42 billion) regarding a dispute over the jetty at the Gorgon LNG project in Western Australia.
CIMIC was commissioned to build the jetty there in 2009 and issued a notice of dispute regarding the work in February, following a disagreement over changes to the project.
The company said then that it was entitled to A$1.86 billion for the work.
"Negotiations under the contract continue," CIMIC said in a statement on Monday.
"The commencement of the proceedings has no effect on the negotiation process or CIMIC Group's entitlement to the amounts under negotiation," it added.
($1 = 1.3130 Australian dollars)
(Reporting by Tom Westbrook; Editing by Sandra Maler)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds