Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin
Quadrant Energy, operator of the WA-320-P permit in the Barrow sub-basin of the Northern Carnarvon Basin, offshore Western Australia did not encounter any hydrocarbon shows when drilling the Driftwood-1 commitment well, partner Tap Oil reported Monday.
The well, spud Aug. 1 with the Noble Tom Prosser (400' ILC) in 330.7 feet (100.8 meters) of water, was drilled to a final total depth of 6,925.9 feet (2,111 meters) measured depth Aug. 12.
"The well intersected all of the drilling objectives, however all were water wet. There were no hydrocarbon shows intersected in the primary and secondary targets, elevated gas readings were noted from 6,742 feet (2,055 meters) measured depth to total depth of the well," Tap Oil said in the press release.
Quadrant Energy plans to recover the 30 inch surface conductor and release the jackup Aug. 16.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: OMV more info
- Qatargas Signs Deal To Deliver LNG To Austria's OMV (Dec 20)
- CEO: OMV To Become Bigger, Grow Marketing Outside Of Europe (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration more info
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Quadrant Energy more info
- Quadrant Flows Gas, Condensate from Roc-2 Offshore Australia (Oct 19)
- Neptune Marine Services Bags Quadrant's Contract for Work Off Australia (Sep 27)
- Carnarvon Says Positive Signals Emerges from Roc-2 Well Drilling Off WA (Sep 19)