NPD Grants Wintershall Drilling Permit Offshore Norway
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Wintershall Norge AS a drilling permit for well 35/11-20 B, located in production license 248 F.
Well 35/11-20 B will be drilled about 60 miles southwest of Florø and 12 miles northwest of the Fram field using the Borgland Dolphin drilling facility. This is the third well to be drilled within the license.
Wintershall Norge AS is the operator of license 248 F with an ownership interest of 40 percent. The other licensees are Origo Exploration Norway AS (20 percent) and Petoro AS (40 percent). The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing drilling activities.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)