Keppel Refutes Allegations it Pays Bribes to Win Contracts from Petrobras
Singapore's Keppel Corp. Ltd. issued a statement Wednesday denying allegations made by a former third-party commercial representative for the firm in Brazil that company executives, including the CEO of its subsidiary Keppel Offshore & Marine (Keppel O&M), had authorized the payment of bribes to secure contracts from state-owned Petroleo Brasileiro SA (Petobras).
Zwi Sknonicki told a judge that five leading executives authorized him to bribe public officials in exchange for Petrobras contracts that often exceeded $1 billion, according to a report by Bloomberg published Wednesday. The allegations were made by Sknonicki in criminal proceedings brought against him in Brazil.
"Keppel refers to the Bloomberg article dated Aug. 3 reporting allegations made by Mr Zwi Skornicki in criminal proceedings brought against him in Brazil. Keppel strongly denies the allegations reportedly made that Keppel executives authorized Mr Skornicki to pay bribes on its behalf," Keppel said in the press release.
It added that "none of the individuals named in the article, including the current CEO of Keppel Offshore and Marine Mr Chow Yew Yuen, have ever authorized Mr Skornicki to make any payments as bribes."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Keppel Corporation Ltd. more info
- Singapore's Keppel Posts Lower 2Q Profit, Says Rig Market Outlook Muddy (Jul 20)
- Singapore's Keppel To Buy New Bonds Of Struggling KrisEnergy (Nov 03)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)