Total Brings Incahuasi Online in Bolivia
Total has brought the Incahuasi gas and condensate field in Bolivia online with a production capacity of 50,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day.
The group’s first operated development in the country, Incahuasi lies at more than 18,372 feet beneath the Andean foothills. The first phase of the field development involves three wells, a gas treatment plant and 62 miles of associated export pipelines. The second phase of development, involving three further wells, is currently under consideration.
"Incahuasi is one of the largest gas and condensate fields brought on stream in Bolivia. Incahuasi’s production will contribute to Bolivia’s gas exports to Argentina and Brazil as well as domestic consumption”, said Arnaud Breuillac, president of Total Exploration & Production.
“Delivered within budget, Incahuasi is the fourth start-up this year and as a low-cost project with a long production plateau, it will contribute to the group’s production growth in 2016 and beyond,” he added.
The development is operated by Total (50 percent), with partners Gazprom (20 percent), Tecpetrol (20 percent) and YPFB Chaco (10 percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Gazprom's Second Quarter Profit Soars On Rising Energy Prices, Sales (Aug 29)
- Russian Gas Exports Hit a New Summertime Record (Jul 17)
- Trump: US to Compete With Russia for Europe Gas Market (Jul 16)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)