Falcon O&G Provides Update on Drilling Ops in Beetaloo Basin in Australia
Ireland's Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd. reported Monday that the successful re-entry and casing of the Amungee NW-1H horizontal well and the commencement of drilling of the Beetaloo W-1 vertical well in the Beetaloo Basin, Northern Territory, Australia.
Falcon said the Amungee NW-1H well was drilled to a total measured depth of 12,493 feet (3,808 meters) in November 2015, including a 3,609 foot (1,100 meter) horizontal section in the "B Shale" interval of the Middle Velkerri formation. The horizontal section was successfully cased and cemented earlier this month and preparations are now being finalized to conduct a multi-stage hydraulic stimulation, scheduled for mid-August, which will involve up to 10 stages and will take up to 2 weeks to complete. This will be followed by an extended production testing program.
The Beetaloo W-1 well -- the fourth of Falcon's fully carried five well 2015-2016 drilling and evaluation program -- has been drilled in the initial phase of a nine well drilling and evaluation program July 22 with Rig 185. The well is designed to test the presence, depth, thickness and physical reservoir properties of the organic rich mudstones of the Kyalla Formation and the Middle Velkerri member, with drilling estimated to take between 35 and 50 days. The drilling of Beetaloo W-1 is being undertaken by operator Origin Resources Ltd., with partners Sasol Petroleum Australia Ltd. and Falcon.
"The multi-stage hydraulic stimulation of the horizontal section of the Amungee NW-1H well, scheduled to be completed next month, could go a long way towards proving up the resource potential of the Beetaloo Basin. The Beetaloo W-1 well represents another exciting phase of the exploration program given that it will be the first well to penetrate the Middle Velkerri member in the south of the basin. We look forward to updating the market on both of these key operations as information becomes available," Philip O'Quigley, Falcon CEO said in the press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Sasol Limited more info
- Sasol Mulls Refinery Sale Due to Cleaner Fuel Policy (Aug 20)
- Union Cleared To Strike Over Black Employees' Scheme At S. Africa's Sasol (Jun 14)
- Statoil Quits Talks Over Stake In Mozambique Offshore Gas Block (Jan 29)
Company: Falcon Oil & Gas more info
- Falcon Updates on Drilling Ops at Amungee NW-1H Well in Beetaloo Basin (Sep 30)
- Falcon O&G Provides Update on Drilling Ops in Beetaloo Basin in Australia (Jul 26)
- Falcon Outlines Drilling Plans for its Australia's Beetaloo Basin Assets (Apr 29)